- 10 -12 medium to large jalapeños
- 10 -12 mozzarella cheese sticks
- Oil for frying
Jalapeño Popper Filling Ingredients:
- 1 package Boursin garlic and fine herb cheese
- 2-3 oz plain cream cheese
- 1/3 of the tub of chive whipped cream cheese
- 7 oz of your favorite shredded cheese
Taki crumb coating Ingredients:
- 1 tbsp melted salted butter
- 3 tbsp-1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1-2 tbsp crushed takis
- 1 – 1 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
Pakoray batter Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups Besan (chickpea flour)
- 2 tsp cayenne
- 2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 2 tsp Kashmiri red chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp coriander
- 2 tsp chaat masala
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp tumeric
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 4 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp rice flour
- 1/2 cup of Onion puree
- 1 cup sliced onions and 2 tbsp water blended together
- 1 – 1/2 cups water
- Halve and deseed all of the jalapeños.
- Mix together all the filling ingredients into a small bowl.
- In another small bowl mix all the ingredients for the taki crumb coating.
- Fill the jalapeños with the cream cheese mixture.
- Dip the jalapeños into the taki crumb coating cream cheese face down.
- In a large bowl sift besan, add spices, cornstarch, rice flour and mix well.
- In a food processor add 1 cup sliced onions, 2 tbsp water and puree. (Should be roughly 1/2 cup but more or less is ok)
- Add this to the dry ingredients along with 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste and mix.
- Slowly add water and mix well until well combined and a loose batter forms.
- Heat oil to 350 degrees. Once hot, dip jalapeño poppers into the pakora batter and deep fry until golden brown. Do the same with the mozzarella cheese sticks. (ensure everything os coated in the batter or else the cheese/cream cheese filling will ooze out)
- Once golden brown, remove onto a wire rack and enjoy hot!