Moudi and I LOVE pad see ew. It comes in right after rad na from our favorite Thai restaurant. After seeing Recipe Tin Eats make this on Instagram the other day I knew I had to recreate it and make it my own. I did make this while fasting so I couldn’t adjust for seasonings as I went like I usually do, but I adjusted the seasonings in the recipe after tasting it for iftaar. The only other thing I would change which I also adjusted in the recipe below is using fresh mushrooms instead of rehydrating the dried mushrooms. For some reason they ended up being kinda chewy and it just wasn’t working for me. But other than that it was delicious and I’m definitely adding this into my usually rotation. It’s super fast and easy to make and a definite hit.
- 1 chicken breast cut into thin slices
- 7 oz wide rice noodles
- 4 oz baby bella mushrooms
- 4 stems Chinese broccoli
- 3-4 tbsp peanut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp arome seasoning
- 1/2 tbsp sriracha
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- In a bowl mix all the sauce ingredients and set aside.
- For the Chinese broccoli, remove stems from leaves and slice the stems on a bias.
- In a pot bring water to a boil, add in 7 oz of wide rice noodles, stir for 30 seconds. Turn off heat and let the noodles soak for 8-10 min.
- While the noodles are cooking, in another pot on medium high heat add 1 tbsp peanut oil, 2 tbsp minced garlic and fry for 15 seconds. Add in the sliced chicken.
- Cook the chicken until it’s barely no longer pink.
- Add the broccoli stems, and cook until chicken is cooked through. Add the broccoli leaves and mushrooms and stir fry for until the leaves are wilted.
- Scooch everything to one side of the pan and add in the eggs. Scramble, mix with chicken and veggies and then remove onto a plate.
- Add 1 tbsp of oil, add in the drained noodles and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add in the pad see ew sauce, mix well, add in the chicken and veggie/egg mixture and mix well. Be sure not to stir too rough or else the noodles will break. Stir fry for a few minutes and enjoy right away!