I absolutely love Starbucks Cheese danish but I can’t justify spending so much on something that’s eaten so quickly. So I decided to make an at home version and omg you guys, it’s so yummy. I would recommend letting it cool and wrapping it in like foil to lose some of the super flakiness from the puff pastry but it tastes great. (Tbh I love eating it the next day because to me it tastes better the next day!) The one note I would say is to make sure you score and poke the holes into the unbaked puff pastry sheet. This will ensure the edges to rise up but the center to have that dip. If you don’t do this step properly the whole thing will just puff up. I used this technique from the blog “Saving Dollars and Sense” and I love it.
- 1 thawed package of puff pastry (comes with 2 sheets)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp water
Cream cheese filling Ingredients:
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 8 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 pinches of salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl add all the ingredients of the cream cheese filling and using a hand mixer blend everything until super smooth.
- Open the puff pastry and cut down the seams lengthwise to make 3 long rectangles. Then cut in half to make 6 even rectangles.
- Score each of the rectangles 3/4 of a n inch from the edge all the way around the rectangle. Use a fork to poke the middle of the rectangles throughout. This will ensure the edges to puff up while the middle has a dip.
- Spread the cream cheese filling to the middle of the rectangle.
- Make the egg wash by cracking one egg in a bowl and mixing it with 1 tsp water.
- Brush the edges with an egg wash.
- Place the danishes on a parchment lined baking tray and bake at 400 degrees for 14 minutes or until the edges are brown.
- Enjoy! (Makes 12 cheese danishes)
Recipe adapted from: https://savingdollarsandsense.com/lemon-blueberry-cream-cheese-danish/