I love pad thai and ever since Chrissy Teigan did her taste test video on different store bought pad thai’s I’ve been dying to make an at home version. I used a combination of Jet Tila’s, and Pepper’s karat style pad thai (both linked below) and I think it turned out great! Try it out and let me know in the comments below how you like it!
- Large bowl with warm water
- 1 package of rice noodles
- 4 tbsp peanut oil
- 1 chicken breast sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups Chinese broccoli
- 1 cup bean sprouts (more for garnish)
- Optional garnishes: peanuts, lime wedges
- 1/4 cup sweet soy sauce
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 4 tbsp soy bean paste
- 2 tbsp unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- In a large bowl with warm water add rice boodles and soak for about an hour.
- In a bowl mix all the ingredients for the sauce and set aside.
- In a wok add peanut oil, minced garlic, and chicken and fry for about 2 minutes.
- Scoot the chicken to one side of the wok and add 3 whisked eggs. (Let the eggs set a bit before moving them around)
- Break up the eggs and mix with the chicken.
- Add 2 cups of Chinese broccoli and mix well. Cook for about 1-2 minutes or until wilted.
- Add the rice noodles to the pot and mix well (it’s ok to have water dripping from the noodles, you don’t have to drain the water, add it directly from the bowl to the wok.)
- Stir fry the noodles for a few minutes, add 1 cup of bean sprouts and mix well.
- Add all of the sauce in and cook well until noodles are cooked and everything is well combined. (It’s ok if things start getting stuck to the bottom, just scrape and continue cooking)
- Plate noodles, add some bean sprouts, peanuts, limes as a garnish and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from: