This idea came to me on a whim while grocery shopping. I saw this brown sugar cream cheese and wondered how amazing it would taste on the Pepperidge Farm cinnamon raisin swirl bread…and then my mind drifted onto what if I take that same concept and turn it into Cinnamon Toast Crunch crusted stuffed french toast and this idea was born. And lemme tell you…it was sos worth it. Definitely an easy yet elevated way to dress up french toast, and everyone absolutely loved it. This will go into my holy grail section of my blog and will totally put it on my breakfast rotation.
- Pepperidge farm raisin cinnamon swirl bread
- Brown sugar cream cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1/8 tsp all spice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups cinnamon toast crunch
- Butter for frying
- In a bowl add eggs, all spice, cinnamon, vanilla extract, milk, brown sugar, nutmeg, salt and mix well.
- In a food processor, crush up the Cinnamon Toast Crunch until mixture resembles a crumbly texture. (Sort of like coarse sand)
- Take 2 slices of bread, spread cream cheese on each bread and make into a sandwich. Dip this into the french toast eggy batter for about 45 sec to a minute on each side. Make sure the bread absorbs the eggy mixture.
- Then dip the sandwich into the coarse Cinnamon Toast Crunch crumbs well.
- In a medium low heat frying pan add some butter and place french toast on top. Cook low and slow for a fe minutes on each side and the bread is nice and golden brown. Make sure to cook on low heat. You don’t want to burn the outside and leave the absorbed egg mixture on the inside raw.
- Once they are cooked, sprinkle with powdered sugar and maple syrup and enjoy hot!