I was looking on Pinterest for a burger recipe and came across the Chunky Chef’s coffee rubbed burgers with a Dr Pepper BBQ sauce and was instantly intrigued. I decided to adapt it by using a a dry rub with coffee and harissa and using store bought BBQ sauce to make things easier. And it ended up super delicious. I also added some pickles and Asian zing sauce from Buffalo Wild Wings but you can top it with whatever toppings you desire.
- 1 package of wagyu beef (I got mines at sprouts)
- 6 pretzels slider buns
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tbsp sweet baby rays sweet vidalia onion BBQ sauce (or your fav BBQ sauce)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp harissa
- 2-4 tbsp butter
- Halal beef bacon
- Asian zing sauce from Buffalo wild wings
Dry rub Ingredients:
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp pepper
- 3/4 tsp onion power
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 3/4 tsp coriander
- 3/4 tsp paprika
- 3/4 tsp harissa
- 2 3/4 tsp instant coffee
- In a bowl add all the ingredients for the dry rub and mix well
- In another bowl add wagyu beef, cilantro, green onions, BBQ sauce, salt, pepper, harissa and mix well.
- Form into slider sized patties.
- Place dry rub on each slider patty. (You can dip the patty into the spice rub to make it easier)
- In a large pan add 2 tbsp butter and melt on medium high heat.
- Cook for a few minutes on each side. Be careful not to burn it (the brown sugar will burn it faster so keep an eye on it)
- Fry up some beef bacon and set aside on a paper towel lined plate.
- To assemble, add mayo on bottom bun, add lettuce, patty, BBQ sauce, bacon and then add some Asian zing sauce on the top bun and close.
Recipe adapted from: http://www.thechunkychef.com/coffee-rubbed-burgers-with-dr-pepper-bbq-sauce/