These are some of my favorite buttermilk pancakes, and so since I had some leftover blueberries in the fridge I decided to use my go to buttermilk pancake recipe to make blueberry pancakes. These are super fluffy and delicious and a must try! I adapted this recipe from one of my favorite bloggers, Pinch of Yum. If you haven’t checked out her recipes I suggest you do that now! I love her page and she’s such an inspiration.
- 2 tbsp melted salted butter
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup cake flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp blueberry salt (you can use regular salt)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- In a bowl add melted butter, egg, buttermilk and whisk well.
- To another bowl add cake flour, all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, sugar and mix well.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk until just combined. It’ll be lumpy. You don’t want to overmix the batter or you won’t get the fluffiness.
- Heat a skillet on medium low, add some butter and then add some batter and a few blueberries.
- Once you see some bubbles and they’re popping you can flip and cook for another minute or so on the other side.
- Top with powdered sugar and maple syrup and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from: https://pinchofyum.com/fluffiest-blueberry-pancakes