I had this random idea one day to fuse together the flavors of a blueberry cream cheese danish into a cupcake form and lo and behold this beauty was born. We absolutely loved it and the only thing I might change is to just leave the blueberry part in the batter and have the filling as plain cream cheese instead of both cream cheese and blueberry filling. But either way it still tastes delicious and it just looks SO bootiful. This is even easier because it uses a box cake mix! So no measuring out any dry ingredients, just pour and go.
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 can Duncan Hines blueberry pie filling
- 3/4 cup will go into the cupcake batter
- a little tsp or so will go into each cupcake as a filling alongside the cream cheese
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
Cream cheese danish filling Ingredients:
- 4 oz softened cream cheese
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- a pinch of blueberry salt (you can substitute for regular salt)
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- To make the danish cream cheese filling, add the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla extract, and salt and whisk with a hand mixer until super smooth.
- To make the cupcake batter, in a large bowl add melted butter, sour cream, 4 eggs and whisk well until combined. Add the yellow cake mix and mix well.
- Add 3/4 cup of blueberry pie filling and fold into the batter.
- Place batter into cupcake liners with a cookie scoop. (Will make 10 large cupcakes)
- Using a spoon take some cream cheese filling, place into the cupcake and using another spoon gently push the filling into the cupcakes.
- Repeat with the blueberry pie filling by placing it alongside the cream cheese filling. (Shown in video)
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes and enjoy!