With Ramadan coming up these choley papri cups are super easy and fast to make and not to mention amazingly delicious! And if you pour them into individual little cups they are sure to make everything look super fancy and cute! I upgraded my moms recipe and added a few things like pomegranates to bring some color and pops of sweetness and I think it works SO well. I hope you guys try it out! This is a must try if you want some easy Pakistani street food.
- 2 cans chick peas
- 1/2 cup plain whisked yogurt
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp chaat masala
- 4-5 tbsp imlee (tamarind chutney)
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 3/4 cup diced onions
- Empanada dough (freezer section near the Latin foods)
- In a large bowl whisk together yogurt, chaat masala, brown sugar, and imlee.
- Rinse and drain 2 cans of chick peas.
- Add chick peas to the sauce mixture.
- Add onions, cilantro and mix well.
- Fry up some papri (empanada dough) on hot oil until brown and crispy. (You can buy some pre made at the Asian store to make it easier or use sev)
- To assemble, add chick pea mixture to the bottom, crush some papri on top, add a drizzle of plain yogurt, drizzle of imlee, sprinkle some cilantro and pomegranates and enjoy cold! (You can also add some green chutney if you want for some spiciness)