These delicious salmon sliders are a perfect way to use up leftover salmon. I had bought this Sea Cuisine Asian Grill Rubbed Salmon from Sprouts and had about 6 oz leftover and I wanted a fun way to eat leftovers and lo and behold this was the result!
I adapted this recipe from the blog Natashas Kitchen except it’s even easier because I’m using already marinated salmon I got from the store and baked according to the package instructions. Definitely check out her blog and try out this adaptation of a super quick and fun meal!
- 6 oz of cooked shredded salmon
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp pureed ginger
- 1 cup diced red bell peppers
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 whisked egg
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp mayo
- 2 cups fresh bread crumbs ( start with 1 cup and add more if necessary)
- Buffalo wild wings Asian zing sauce
- Sweet Hawaiian slider buns
Creamy avocado caper sauce Ingredients:
- 1 small avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 tbsp milk
- 2 tsp caper brine
- 2 tbsp chopped capers
- 1/8 tsp black pepper peppers
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- a pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp dill
- In a pan on medium heat add butter, oil, minced garlic, ginger, onions, red bell pepper and sauté until brown and softened. Remove into a bowl, and let it cool down to room temperature.
- Shred 6 oz cooked salmon, and place in a bowl.
- To the bowl add the caramelized onion and pepper mixture, egg, green onions, cilantro, soy sauce, black pepper, mayo, bread crumbs and mix well.
- Shape mixture into slider sized patties.
- Add some oil to a fry pan and place the salmon patties while the heat is on medium/medium high.
- Cook on both sides until brown. (A few minutes on each side)
- Place cooked patties on a paper towel lined plate.
- Make creamy avocado caper sauce add all the ingredients into a bowl and mash well.
- Brush a glaze of Buffalo Wild Wings Asian zing sauce over the salmon patties.
- To assemble, open one slider bun, spread some creamy avocado caper sauce, place lettuce, salmon patty, more of the creamy avocado sauce, and the spread som more of the Asian zing sauce on the top half of the slider bun. Close it up and enjoy hot!