This is so easy and delicious to make and the best part is that these chicken rolls freeze wonderfully! You can make these ahead of time and wrap in some parchment paper, then foil and pop them into the freezer. When you want a quick lunch all you have to do is remove the foil and pop it into the microwave and enjoy! I love the addition of the paneer in these rolls and the sauce…boy oh boy…the sauce is fantastic. The sauce would work well in a kabob roll as well, or a burger, or really anything!
- 1 block of paneer
- 1/2 of a whole chicken cut into 8 pieces
- 1 packages of frozen paratha
- 1/2 tbsp Shan tandoori masala
- 2 tbsp Green chutney
- 2 tbsp Mayo
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp lemons juice
- Foodjabi x Lazeez Asian Cuisine spice mix
- In a medium bowl add oil, yogurt, lemon juice, spice mix and whisk well.
- Cut the paneer into 1 inch rectangles.
- Cut slits into chicken so the marinade can penetrate in the chicken and can flavor the inside too.
- Add chicken and paneer into the marinade, mix well, cover with a Saran Wrap and let it marinate in the fridge over night.
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees.
- On a foil lined baking tray, spread out the chicken and paneer so they’re not over lapping and bake for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked on the inside. You can place it under the broil after for a few minutes to get that charred effect. (If you want to grill, place the paneer onto a skewer and then grill alongside the chicken)
- While waiting for the chicken to bake, in a frying pan fry the paratha. (Place the paratha frozen onto a medium low heat pan)
- Let the chicken come to room temperature and then shred. I also like to crumble the paneer but it’s up to your preference.
- Optional; In a pot over medium heat, add a few tbsp of oil and add the paneer and chicken into the pot. Fry it up for a few minutes, and then add 1/2 tbsp of Shan tandoori masala for extra spiciness. Fry for a few minutes.
- In a small bowl add 2 tbsp green chutney and 2 tbsp Mayo to make sauce.
- To assemble, spread a bit of the sauce on the bottom, add the chicken/paneer mixture, onions and roll them up.
- Enjoy hot!