One of our favorite dinner ideas to make is Korean BBQ at home. I put everything on this large lazy Susan with all the accompaniments and it’s super fun and delicious to eat. I love adding a side of mixed glazed vegetables, some fried rice, these super yummy potatoes called gamja-bokkeum, fresh lettuce cups and of course some kimchi and spicy cucumber salad. Today I’m gonna share the recipe for the beef and vegetables that are always a go to for our Korean BBQ. Ideally i would love to grill them up but since I don’t have a grill at the moment, I hard sear the meat and then bake it in the oven. Also, I know in the video I marinade the beef, but I recommend just pan searing it with some salt and pepper and then glazing the beef in intervals in the oven for a better turn out. I found that the brown sugar in the sauce was browning too fast on the pan and the smoke alarm kept going off. But either way, this is one super fun and delicious meal!
- 1 lb Thinly cut beef loins
- 1 lb Thinly cut beef steaks
- Green leaf lettuce
- Holy grail fried rice
- 1 1/2 tbsp buldak hot chicken flavor hot sauce
- 2/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp peppercorn chili oil
- 3 tbsp minced garlice
- 2 tbsp pureed ginger
- 1tbsp sriracha
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
Glazed Vegetable Ingredients:
- 8 oz mushrooms
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 large bell pepper roughly cut
- 1 tbsp oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp Buffalo Wild Wings Asian Zing sauce
- In a bowl add all of the sauce ingredients and mix well. Place sauce into a pot and cook until reduced and thickened.
- To sear the meat, season meat with salt and pepper, add some oil to a hot cast iron skillet, and hard sear for a few minutes on each side.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place meat on a wire racked lined baking tray that has some foil underneath to catch any dripppings. Bake and glaze with the sauce every so often until the internal temperature reaches 120-130 degrees Fahrenheit for rare, 130-135 degrees for medium rare, 135-145 degrees for medium, and 145-155 degrees for well done.
- Before slicing meat, let it rest for a few minutes to lock in juices. Then slice against the grain.
- To make the vegetables, line a baking tray with foil, add 8 oz mushrooms, 1 medium onion sliced, 1 large bell pepper roughly cut and drizzle some oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add 2 tbsp of Buffalo Wild Wings Asian Zing sauce, mix well and pop it back into the oven for 10 minutes.
- Use green leaf lettuce and add some meat, rice, veggies and whatever accompaniments you like and enjoy!