I’ve tried so many fried rice recipes and this one takes the cake. It’s super flavorful and easy to make and the best part? Is that you can add as much veggies and eggs as you want. It’s totally customizable. I adapted this recipe from Gimme Some Oven and her tip on using butter instead of oil is really a game changer. The butter adds this extra flavor that you simply can’t get with oil and makes the rice super delicious. I decided to use frozen vegetables to make this recipe even easier!
- 3 cups of cooked and chilled jasmine rice or sticky rice
- 5 tbsp butter divided
- 4 eggs
- 12 oz bag mixed vegetables
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 -4 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- Green onions to garnish
- In a wok add 3 tbsp butter, and add 4 whisked eggs. Scramble on medium heat and then remove onto a plate.
- Add 1 tbsp butter, add 12 oz bag of mixed vegetables, minced garlic, salt and pepper, and sauté until veggies are softened.
- Add another tbsp of butter, and 3 cups of cooked and chilled rice.
- Increase heat to medium high, add soy sauce, oyster sauce, and fry well.
- Add 1/2 tsp of sesame oil, mix well, add the eggs back in and fry well.
- Garnish with green onions and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from: https://www.gimmesomeoven.com/fried-rice-recipe/#tasty-recipes-62154