Now I usually go for the Philly cheesesteak whenever I have a choice on sandwiches. The chicken philly cheese always seems to lack in flavor compared to the beef version. BUT I’ve made this recipe to tell you guys that I’ve found a way to make it so yummy that you won’t even miss the beef! I can honestly say that this is one helluva sammich and I’ve become totally obsessed with it.
- 8 oz mushrooms
- 1-2 cups of sliced onions
- 1 green bell pepper chopped in large chunks
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 7 Thinly sliced philly chicken packages
- 2-3 tsp tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp + 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp + 1 tsp soy sauce
- Provolone, or havarti, or Swiss cheese. (Add your favorite cheese)
- In a large griddle or pot add butter, minced garlic and all the vegetables. Add 1 tbsp brown sugar, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper and sauté until the veggies are caramelized and softened.
- Once veggies are done, remove them onto a bowl, add 2-3 tbsp butter, place frozen philly chicken and let it brown and then cut up with your spoon.
- Add 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, 2 tsp onion powder, 2 tsp garlic powder and mix well.
- Add 2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce, 2 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tsp browning seasoning sauce and mix well.
- Add all the veggies back in and mix well.
- In a frying pan, toast buns by adding butter and toasting until brown.
- Place some of the chicken and veggies in the middle of the frying pan, top with some cheese. Add some water and cover with a lid so it melts.
- Take your bread and add the meat onto it.
- Enjoy hot!