One of my favorite lunch places for a quick light bite to eat is 100 Montaditos. Montaditos are these mini baguette like sandwiches that are a staple of the culinary arts in Spain. The crunchy exterior and soft fluffy inside is the perfect blank canvas for a variety of flavors. Some of my favorites from the shop is this Brie, arugula, honey mustard and fried onions version and a lox version. I decided to pick of some of their patented bread the next time I was in Miami and made montaditos 4 ways at home. They sell the unbaked bread at the restaurant and you can take it home and freeze them until ready to use! The tomato mozzarella version and philly cheesesteak version were made with leftovers from 2 previous recipes which I have linked in the ingredients section.
- 12 Montaditos
Brie Arugula Montadito Ingredients:
- French fried onions
- Honey mustard
Lox Montadito Ingredients:
- Smoked salmon
- Chive cream cheese
- Thinly sliced red onions
Tomato Mozzarella Montadito Ingredients:
Philly cheese chicken Montadito Ingredients:
- Philly Cheese chicken
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bake montaditos for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Brie Arugula Montadito Directions:
- Spread some honey mustard on the inside of the bread. Add some Brie, arugula, and top with fried onions.
Lox Montadito Directions:
- Spread some chive cream cheese on the inside of the bread. Add some capers, smoked salmon, and then some sliced red onions. Add arugula.
Tomato Mozzarella Montadito Directions:
- Spread some sun dried tomato paste on the inside of the bread. Add some roasted balsamic tomatoes, fresh tomatoes, mozzarella and arugula.
Philly cheese chicken Montadito Directions:
- Spread some Mayo on the inside of the bread. Add some havarti cheese inside the bread and add the chicken.