If you’re looking for a warm fall cozy recipe this is the one! It’ \s so warm and delicious and has elements of a honeybun with the soft fluffiness of a cupcake. I totally recommend it and the best part? Is that is uses a BOXED CAKE MIX! So win win on the fast and easy aspect. I adapted this recipe by Bunny’s Warm Oven and it’s definitely a keeper!
Cupcake batter Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 3/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 3/4 tsp allspice
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1 box classic yellow Duncan Hines cake mix
Brown sugar walnut filling Ingredients:
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup walnuts
Honeybun glaze Ingredients:
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp of the pumpkin pie spice mix
- 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 tbsp heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl make pumpkin spice mix by adding cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves, ground ginger, allspice and mix well.
- in a medium bowl add 1/2 cup of melted butter, 2 1/2 tsp of the pumpkin pie spice mix that you made earlier, 3/4 cup pumpkin purée, 1/2 cup sour cream, 4 eggs and mix well.
- Add in the box cake mix and mix well.
- In a small bowl add brown sugar, walnuts and 1/2 tbsp of the pumpkin pie spice mix and mix well.
- Line a cupcake tin with liners, add some cupcake mix, sprinkle the walnut brown sugar mixture and then top with more cake batter. Repeat for all the cupcake.
- Bake the cupcakes for 20 min or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean
- In the meantime make the honeybun glaze and place glaze into a ziploc bag for easy glazing.
- When the cupcakes come out of the oven pipe a thin drizzle of the glaze onto the hot cupcakes and spread glaze with the back of a spoon.
- Enjoy warm or cooled down!
Recipe adapted from: https://bunnyswarmoven.net/pumpkin-honey-bun-cake/?epik=dj0yJnU9OGNxM2tzc0diWm1GRlJqazBQODVzMzNsUDVaOW4taWImcD0wJm49TndhbDRMNld3WVJKbVdDQUVkVUdVdyZ0PUFBQUFBR0JTb1pz