I can’t say enough good things about these Asian glazed lamb chops! They are great for a BBQ or even on a random Tuesday night dinner. They are my holy grail..go to…delectable lamb chops. We love having them as one of our meats for our Korean BBQ nights, and let me tell you…they are always gone first. You can also use the sauce for all your other meats, they’ll go great with any cut of meat and you won’t believe how easy it is!
- 2 racks of lamb cut into pieces
- 1 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp pureed ginger
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- optional: 1/2 tsp peppercorn chili oil
- optional: 1 tsp hot chicken flavor buldak sauce
- In a bowl make the sauce by adding garlic, ginger, soy sauce, water, brown sugar, rice vinegar, sesame oil, peppercorn chili oil, buldak sauce and mix well.
- Add the sauce into a small sauce pan and cook for 5-7 minutes on medium high heat until reduced by half.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Season lamb chops with kosher salt.
- In a stainless steel pan on medium high heat add 1 tbsp oil and sear lamb chops on each side until a golden brown crust forms. Add some sauce and braise the lamb chops in the sauce for 1-2 minutes.
- Place seared and braised lamb chops on a wire rack lined baking tray and bake for 12-15 minutes (depending on how well done you want your lamb to be)
- Half way through baking, baste some of the sauce onto the lamb chops in the oven.
- Optional: after lamb chops are done cooking in the oven, let them set on a cutting board for 5-10 minutes to lock in the juices and then cut in half and braise them again in the sauce for a few minutes.
- Enjoy them hot!