So I’ve been obsessed with the show Nadiya’s Time To Eat on Netflix and there was a recipe where she made called baked bean falafels. Ever since watching that episode I’ve been dying to try it out and make it my own. I was inspired by her baked falafel sandwiches and made my own mini sliders. This is a must try, it’s so easy and quick to make without the hassle of frying up falafels. As for the sauce you can even switch it up and use tzatziki sauce which would work wonderfully.
- 2 cans of Heinz Beans
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp cumin
- 1/2 tbsp coriander
- 1/4 cup hush puppy mix (can substitute with chickpea flour)
- a bowl of water
- Drained and reserved sauce from the can of baked beans
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 3 tbsp cilantro
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 4 tbsp sriracha
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Bag of coleslaw mix
- Mini brioche slider buns
- Drain the beans, keeping the sauce aside in a separate bowl.
- Rinse the beans with water, place into a blender with 1 egg and blend until you have a smooth paste.
- Transfer to a bowl and add garlic, onion, salt, chilli powder, cumin and coriander and hush puppy mix.
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper, and using wet hands create about 12 evenly sized mini falafels.
- Spray them with oil and bake for about 20 -25 minutes, turning halfway.
- To make the sauce, add all the ingredients in a bowl. Mix and set aside.
- Use half of the sauce to pour over shredded coleslaw mix, and the other half can be used as a dipping sauce.
- Then assemble, on the bottom of the slider add some of the slaw mixture, add one falafel, squish a little bit, top with some sauce and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from: https://thehappyfoodie.co.uk/recipes/nadiya-hussains-baked-bean-falafel
2 Comments Add yours
Lovely photos, these look great!
Thank you so much! 🙂