I live in Georgia, and our state fruit is peaches. So when the season comes around for fresh peaches there’s peaches galore. Instead of the traditional peach cobbler or peach based desserts I wanted to explore the savory side of peaches. Hence this easy, delicious peach BBQ habanero sauce. I got the inspiration from the common mango habanero BBQ sauce that you always see but decided to switch out the fruit and it came out fantastic!
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1 tsp puréed garlic
- 1 tsp puréed ginger
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped habanero peppers
- 1 1/2 cup of ripe chopped peaches
- 1/2 cup Sweet baby rays Sweet Vidalia onion BBQ sauce (or your favorite BBQ sauce)
- In a sauce pot on medium heat add 1 tbsp of oil and 1/2 cup of diced onion. Cook for about 5 minutes or until soft and translucent.
- Lower the heat to medium low, add puréed ginger, puréed garlic, 1/4 cup chopped habanero peppers, and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add peaches and cook for about 10 minutes or until super soft.
- Add your favorite BBQ sauce to the pot and mix well. Cook for about 1 minute.
- Blend everything together and serve alongside your favorite burgers or fries!
Note: This will be spicy, so if you want it mild then take out the seeds of the peppers or use less. If you want it on the more sweeter side you can add some peach preserves before you blend the mixture.