Note to self: So I’ve never had risotto before but I’ve always wanted to try the rich, buttery, creamy goodness and omg I’m so glad I finally did. It’s super delicious and totally worth it. I researched a few recipes to try and find something that would be easy to make but also tastes amazing and I adapted this recipe by Recipe Tin Eats. She has some really useful tips and tricks into cooking the most beautiful silky risotto. Definitely check her out!
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms
- 8 oz white mushrooms
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- ½ tsp Pepper
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp garlic
- 3/4 cup diced onions
- 1 1/4 cups Arborio rice, uncooked
- 5 cups chicken broth (5 cups water and 2 Maggie bouillon cubes)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Freshly chopped cilantro
- Add 1 tbsp oil and 1 1/2 tbsp butter in a large pot over high heat. Add 4 oz of white mushrooms and 4 oz of baby Bella mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes. (Don’t reduce the heat because the mushrooms will become watery if you cook it on a lower heat. We’re also cooking the mushrooms in batches.)
- Add 1/2 tsp of minced garlic, and 1/4 tsp of black pepper and cook for a minute.
- Remove the mushrooms into a bowl and repeat with the remaining mushrooms.
- In a small pot add 5 cups of water and 2 Maggie chicken bouillon cubes and make chicken broth. Keep the stock warm and hot to be used later.
- Reduce the heat to medium, add 1 tbsp butter, 1 tsp minced garlic, 3/4 cup diced onions and cook for 2 minutes until the onions are translucent.
- Add 1/4 cup of chicken broth, mix well and cook for 2 minutes or until most of the liquid is evaporated.
- Add risotto rice and cook for 1 minute until it becomes semi translucent.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of broth, mix well, and cook until most of the liquid has been absorbed. (Keep Stirring!)
- Repeat until all of the broth is finished and rice is cooked all the way through. (If the rice isn’t cooked through when all the broth is done warm up some water and add 1/2 cup increments until rice is cooked all the way through)
- Add 1/2 cup heavy cream, 2 tbsp butter, and stir vigorously to make creamy.
- Stir in 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and fold in 1/2 of the cooked mushrooms.
- Reheat remaining mushrooms, spoon risotto into bowls, top with heated mushrooms and drizzle with buttery mushroom juices that are in the bottom of the reheated mushrooms.
- Top with freshly chopped cilantro and Parmesan.
Recipe adapted by: https://www.recipetineats.com/mushroom-risotto/