Note to self: This tart is just beautiful but I highly suggest adding a fresh arugula salad on top to cut down the richness of the all the cheeses and caramelized onions and pears. It would work wonderfully for an appetizer or you can even cut it into bite sized pieces and add a toothpick on top for savory mini party poppables.
- 1 sheet of puff pastry (Thawed)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 medium onions (sliced)
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 ripe pear sliced thinly into wedges
- 2 oz Brie
- 2 oz Gorgonzola cheese
- Fresh tarragon or fresh thyme
- Fresh arugula salad
- Place thawed puff pastry sheet on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and prick with a fork all over.
- In a pot add 2 tbsp butter, sliced onions and cook over medium low heat for 10 min.
- Now add 1 tbsp brown sugar, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, and 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar. Reduce heat to low and cook for 20 min.
- Preheat the oven at 400 degrees.
- Spread the caramelized onions all over the bottom of the puff pastry. (Don’t forget to go all the way to the edge!)
- Arrange the sliced pears all around the tart.
- Dot the pastry with 2 oz of Brie, and then add 2 oz Gorgonzola cheese.
- Sprinkle some fresh tarragon or fresh thyme over the top of the tart.
- Bake the tart for 18-20 minutes.
- Once baked, let it cool for 5 minutes before cutting.
- Top with fresh arugula salad and enjoy!