Note to self: One of the most popular dishes at the restaurant has to be butter chicken. I think it’s probably because it’s mild enough for everyone to eat yet still really flavorful. That and it has butter in the name…like come on…who doesn’t like butter.
This is probably one of the easier Pakistani recipes you can make. It’s simple enough with minimal ingredients and the only “time consuming” part would have to be waiting for the marinade to do it’s thang. My brother recently threw a party and had some friends over and he decided to cook for everyone. He ended up making butter chicken, chicken biryani, and 3 different kinds of kabobs and guess what? The butter chicken was inhaled by everyone…there wasn’t any left by the end! I am super proud of him, it’s no easy feat cooking for 20-25 people and the fact that he pulled it off is really impressive to me. Perhaps he can take over some dishes once Thanksgiving rolls around 🙂
- 1 lb boneless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch cubes
- ¼ cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 packet of Foodjabi x Lazeez Asian Cuisine Butter Chicken Marinade spice mix #1
- 5-6 drops red food coloring (optional)
Butter Chicken Sauce:
- 1 cup pureed roma tomatoes
- 1 packet of Foodjabi x Lazeez Asian Cuisine Chicken Tikka Masala curry sauce spice mix #2
- 2 tbsp butter
- ⅓-½ cup heavy whipping cream
- In a medium bowl add 1 lb boneless chicken breasts, ¼ cup vegetable or canola oil, 1 packet of Foodjabi x Lazeez Asian Cuisine Butter Chicken Marinade spice mix #1, and 5-6 drops red food coloring (optional). Mix well.
- Let the chicken marinate overnight. (If you don’t have that much time, at least marinate for an hour before cooking, the longer it marinates, the more flavorful it’ll be)
- Pre-heat oven for 350 degrees. Line a baking tray with foil, add chicken and bake for 10 minutes.
Butter Chicken curry sauce:
- In a small sauce pan on medium high heat add 1 cup of pureed tomatoes, 1 packet ofFoodjabi x Lazeez Asian Cuisine Butter Chicken Marinade spice mix #2, and 2 tbsp butter. Mix well and cook for about 7-10 minutes or until thickened.
- After thickened add ⅓-½ cup heavy whipping cream and cook for 2-3 minutes. (Stirring continously)
- Add the baked chicken to the sauce and mix well. Lower the heat to medium/medium low and cook for 10-15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with naan or rice and enjoy!