Note to self: The other day Moudi and I were watching late night show repeats on YouTube and Jimmy Kimmel had Kal Penn on and that immediately made me think of the movie “Harold and Kumar go to white castle.” It’s brilliant marketing..for both White Castle and the movie…#MadProps….But anyways, that got me started on the search for the infamous white castle sliders copycat recipe…it’s something I’ve never had but have always wanted to try…hell they made a whole movie out of it so there must be something about them right? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It was kind of a mystery and intrigue that made me want to give it a shot. The only downside to it is that I have nothing to compare it to taste wise so I have no idea if it’s authentic. It does taste pretty good so if you’re just looking for a good/easy burger recipe this is definitely the recipe to try!
- ½ lb ground beef
- 1 tbsp Lipton onion soup and dip mix
- 1 tbsp milk
- ½ cup onions, minced
- Slider buns
- Cheddar cheese slices
- In a small bowl add ½ lb ground beef, 1 tbsp Lipton onion soup and dip mix.
- Mix together until well combined.
- Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking tray with foil and spread the ground beef mixture until flattened into a square, about ½ inch thick.
- Score the meat into squares that are a little bugger than your bun and make 5 indentations in each burger patty in the shape of a 5 dotted domino.
- Place tray into the oven at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes.
- Remove baking tray and add ½ cup of minced onions around the sides and edges of the ground beef.
- Place tray back into the oven for about 15 more minutes.
- Take a spoon and spread the onions all over the ground beef patty.
- Add a few slices of cheddar cheese to the top of the patties and place it back into the oven for 5-7 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Place the tops of the slider buns on top of the ground beef patties and place it back into the oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place them on the bottom buns. Serve while hot and enjoy!
Serving size: 4 sliders or 2 burgers