Note to self: I love burgers SO much! Trying new burger recipes are so much fun, especially when the ingredients are out of the ordinary and the flavor profile is super interesting. I found this recipe on carlsbadcravings.com and was immediately drawn to it. Moudi loves Asian flavors and I love burgers so this seemed like the perfect combo! This burger was super moist and juicy and full of flavor. It’s definitely a holy grail status recipe. The best part about this recipe is that you can always double it, freeze the extra patties and take them out whenever you’re hungry, fry them up and have a fresh burger whenever you want. (You can do this with most burger meats I’ve found and it totally saves a lot of time when your trying to make dinner in a jiffy. It’s perfect for meal prepping and it great with leftovers. I feel like the flavors taste even better the next day because they’ve had a chance to settle. For leftovers I ended up making paratha rolls out of them and they were super delicious. I used the chili garlic parathas from the halal grocery store near us and fried them up on a frying pan and then smushed the patties and made a wrap out of them.
You can always use a tortilla wrap if you can’t find these but I find the chili garlic infused flavor in this paratha really complimented the asian burgers well. I would totally recommend this recipe! It was a bit hit!
- 4 hamburgers
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ cup diced onions
- 1 egg
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp asian chili garlic sauce
- 1 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp hoisin
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- ½ tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ½ tsp Asian chili garlic sauce
- ⅛ cup ketchup
- ½ tbsp hoisin sauce
- ½ tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- ¼ tbsp lime juice
- 1 cup angel hair coleslaw
- ½ cup matchstick carrots
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- ½ tsp reduced soy sauce
- ½ tsp lime juice
- ¼ tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp sesame oil
- In a large bowl add 1 lb ground beef, ½ cup diced onions, 1 egg, ½ cup panko bread crumbs, 1 tbsp asian chili garlic sauce, 1 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce, 1 tbsp hoisin , 1 tbsp lime juice, ½ tbsp brown sugar, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp dried basil, 1 tsp garlic powder, ½ tsp ground ginger, and ¼ tsp pepper.
- Mix well and for into 4 equal patties. Make a thumbprint impression in the middle of each patty, (This helps the burgers cook evenly) and refrigerate for 15-30 minutes.
- In a small bowl whisk together ¼ cup mayonnaise and ½ tsp Asian chili garlic sauce to make the chili garlic mayo and refrigerate.
- In another small bowl whisk together ⅛ cup ketchup, ½ tbsp hoisin sauce, ½ tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce, and ¼ tbsp lime juice to make the hoisin ketchup. Refrigerate.
- In a medium bowl add 1 cup angel hair coleslaw, ½ cup matchstick carrots, 1 tsp rice vinegar, ½ tsp reduced soy sauce, ½ tsp lime juice, ¼ tsp sugar, and ¼ tsp sesame oil. Mix well, cover and refrigerate.
- In a large cast iron skillet heat 1 tbsp of oil over medium high heat. Once hot add burger patties and cook until brown. (~3-4 minutes on one side, then flip, reduce heat and cook an additional 3-4 minutes)
Spread hamburger buns with Chili Garlic Mayonnaise, top with Asian hamburgers, top with Hoisin Ketchup followed by Asian Slaw and dig in!
Original recipe adapted from: https://carlsbadcravings.com/asian-burger-recipe/