Note to self: This was something I’ve been wanting to try ever since I got my mini waffle maker…Hash brown waffles! I love hash browns so much. Moudi and I have this morning ritual whenever we go to pray Fajr at the mosque. We stop by McDonalds after and grab their warm crispy hash browns. They’re so good and it’s just a sweet moment for us. A tradition we created and I’ll always treasure it. I know it’s such a random thing to get the feels over but it’s just like this post from Catana Comics (One of our favorites after the awkward yeti comics because it explains us so well) ❤
So as simple as this may be, this post is actually more sentimental than I thought it would end up being. I did decide to add a side of leftover mashed potatoes, leftover braai and a sunny side up egg for a more hearty and lumberjack type of breakfast. It’s a definite must try and really yummy even with just a side of ketchup. Crispy on the outside and soft and potato-y on the inside.
- Mini tater tots
- Leftover braai (optional)
- Leftover mashed potatoes (optional)
- Eggs (optional)
- In a waffle maker add enough tater tots to make a complete circle. (My mini waffle maker took about 12-16 mini tots.
- Cook until crisp. (Mine took about 2-3 minutes)
- I added a side of leftover braai, masked potatoes and eggs with the hash brown waffles. 🙂