Note to self: I’ve been trying to think of different ways to make pasta recently. Moudi loves pasta so much…I think he would eat it everyday if he could but it’s been hard to come up with new recipes every time. Don’t get me wrong, he would be happy with a bowl of ramen noodles everyday if it was up to him. As far as husbands go he’s actually pretty low maintenance. Can you believe he actually tells me often to just take the week off from cooking and cleaning and just relax. Lol…I lucked out majorly, not only is he super cute and adorable he’s very thoughtful and sweet. The crazy thing is, is that I actually ENJOY doing it, so taking off from kind of makes me feel sad and anxious rather than relaxed. It’s my form of therapy so to speak. Anyways, he’s reaping all sorts of benefits from my obsession with cooking. Most wives would love shoes, handbags, and clothes and I’m here like wanting exotic spices, or these super cool cooking knives.
Anyway, back to the topic…pasta. I came across this recipe on Pinterest and while it was good, it wasn’t mind blowingly awesome. I think I would double up on the sauce, add the parmesan before adding the chicken and noodles and add more sun-dried tomatoes. Oh! and flavor up the chicken more…maybe do a marinade so the chicken isn’t bland. Like a marinade of cajun seasoning, oil, garlic, some buttermilk to tenderize it a bit, maybe some cayenne pepper or hot sauce for some heat.
I adapted this recipe from geniuskitchen.com and was really excited to try it out because it had amazing reviews. But I found the chicken to be bland and not enough sauce to coat the pasta for a more saucy consistency. Overall it was good though..like the potential is there, it just needed to be amped up flavor wise.
- 1 lb boneless chicken breasts cut into cubes
- 4 oz linguini, spaghetti or wide noodles
- 2 tsp of cajun seasoning
- 2 tbsp butter
- ½ cup minced onion
- 2 tbsp sun-dried tomatoes, minced
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- ⅛ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp dried basil
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- Place chicken and 2 tsp of Cajun seasoning in a bowl and toss to coat.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté chicken in 2 tbsp butter until chicken is tender. (~ 5 to 7 minutes)
- In the mean time, cook your noodles and drain. Set aside.
- Reduce heat add ½ cup minced onion, 2 tbsp minced sun-dried tomatoes, ¼ tsp salt, ⅛ tsp pepper, ⅛ tsp garlic powder, ¼ tsp dried basil, ½ cup heavy cream and heat through for a minute or two.
- Pour noodles over sauce and toss with parmesan cheese.
- Serve warm and sprinkle with extra cheese and garnish with cilantro or green onions.
Original recipe adapted from: http://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/creamy-cajun-chicken-pasta-39087