Note to self: There was a sale at Publix the other day on these BOGO taco kits and it inspired this idea. Since I had leftover Halal Guys from the day before I thought it might be a good way to repurpose them. It’s really simple, easy and amazing.
These are the taco shells I used. They are super cheesy and really fun to eat. Make sure you toast them in the oven for a few minutes to crisp them up. If you don’t they’ll be soggy and have a weird texture.
The video below is on the tacos but you can also make them into burritos. Just use flour tortillas, fill it with the leftovers and once you roll them up I personally like to make the outside a little more crispy and warmed up by putting it in a sauté pan and browning on each side.
Moudi really loved them too! You can adjust the ingredients to your specific amount of tacos or burritos you want…It’s really simple and easy and totally worth it!
- 1 cup of leftover rice
- 1 cup of leftover gyro meat
- 1 small tomato diced
- ½ cup of shredded cheese
- ¼ cup of sour cream
- 1 cup of shredded lettuce
- 3 nacho cheese taco shells
- Optional: hot sauce, salsa
- Take 3 taco shells and toast them in an oven at 325 for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add 2 tbsp rice, gyro meat, some shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, cheese and sour cream.
- If you’re making burritos then add your filling, roll up and then sauté in a pan for a few minutes on each side until golden brown.