Note to self: I’ve been looking for recipes on Pinterest for good homemade soup that uses chicken and great northern white beans. (It’s all I had on hand and I didn’t feel like going to the grocery store) I came across this recipe and I adapted it from lilluna.com…for some reason it turned out a bit salty even though I didn’t add any salt to the dish. As for the chicken broth I added 2 chicken bouillon cubes to 4 cups of water and it still ended up being salty. So I would recommend to add 1 bouillon cube to 4 cups of water for this particular recipe. Also, the cheese didn’t quite melt all the way through. For some reason it formed clumps with the chicken. I would recommend adding the chicken towards the end so the cheese can melt more uniformly in the soup. Other than those issues, overall the taste was good, not something I would personally make again but it was decent.
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 15.5 oz. cans Great Northern Beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup shredded chicken
- 1 small can diced green chilies
- 1 tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. oregano
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheese Monterrey Jack or Mexican Blend
- Egg noodles
- In a large pot, add broth, beans, chicken, green chilis, cumin, garlic powder, oregano and pepper. Simmer on low-medium heat for 20-30 minutes, or until it is heated through.
- In a separate pot cook noodles until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- After 20- 30 minutes stir in 1 cup of sour cream, and 2 cups of shredded cheese. Mix well until well incorporated.
- Add your desired amount of egg noodles and stir. Enjoy!
Original Recipe adapted from: https://lilluna.com/white-chicken-chili-soup-recipe/