Note to self: This recipe was inspired by Zoya! Well more so requested which is pretty much the same thing lol, and totally awesome! If you don’t know who she is check her out on IG and YouTube @BeautyMoughal…she does fun beauty tips and hijab tutorials. 🙂
Side note: I love having requests, it forces myself to try out new things and sometimes gives me ideas that I would’ve never thought to think of! So comment or snap me any requests on any of my social media platforms and I’ll totally put it on my list of things to try out!
I adapted this recipe from snapguide.com and omg was it yummy! It totally beats the copycat McDonalds version of chicken nuggets by a milestone. The pickle brine really infused into the chicken and gave it a tangy flavor. I made both the Chick Fil-A nuggets and the sandwich. I forgot to take a picture of the nuggets though, they were just so good we kept on popping them in our mouths and by the time I was finished taking a picture of the sandwich they were hardly any left. Granted I could’ve had a solo session with the last remaining nugget…but that would be so extra lol…kinda funny…but super extra.
I would totally recommend trying this out! It’s definite holy grail status and tastes great both in nugget form and as a sandwich. If you make the sandwich form make sure to pound it out so it’s level and will cook more evenly. I personally prefer nuggets because they’re easier to eat, and you don’t have the extra carbs with the bread. I like putting them on toothpicks, with a slice of pickle and dipping them in various sauces.
- 2 lb chicken breast cut into bite sized cubes
- 1 cup pickle juice
- 1 cup water
- ⅛ cup salt
- ⅛ cup sugar
- ¾ cups flour
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp powdered milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- Prepare your brine, add your chicken and let it marinate for 3-4 hours.
- In a large bowl mix breading ingredients (¾ cups flour, 1 tbsp black pepper, 1 tsp paprika, ¼ tsp cayenne pepper, 1 tbsp powdered milk, and 1 tsp baking powder) Mix well.
- In a small bowl mix dredging ingredients. (1 egg, and ½ cup milk)
- Drain brine from chicken and pour egg/ milk mixture over chicken and let it sit for 10-15 min.
- Heat a pot of oil.
- Take chicken and coat with breading before placing it into the hot oil.
- After 3-5 minutes (depending on how big your bite size pieces are) take them out of the oil and place on a wire rack or a tray lined with paper towel.
- Serve hot and enjoy.
Original recipe adapted from: https://snapguide.com/guides/make-chick-fil-a-chicken-nuggets-at-home/