Note to self: I wanted to find an interesting way to use up leftover lasagna and wondered how it would be if I stuffed it inside something. At first I thought of puff pastry or egg rolls (my go to whenever I have leftovers) but realized I would need a ton of dough to use up all the lasagna. And then it came to me…why not make stromboli?! I wasn’t sure whether to do a slab of it or chop it up into little pieces and then stuff it. I think it might’ve been easier to eat all chopped up but presentation wise the whole slab of lasagna inside the dough looks super cool!
- Leftover lasagna (or any leftover pasta would work) (store bought works fine)
- Pizza dough (store bought works fine)
- ¼ cup marinara sauce (optional)
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning (I love the papa john’s special seasoning packets)
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees.
- Flour the surface and rolling pin and roll out your pizza dough until it’s about a ½ inch thick rectangle.
- Place leftover lasagna on one edge of the dough and spread ¼ cup marinara sauce over the top.
- Roll into a log shape and cut off excess dough.
- Brush with egg and sprinkle with 1 tbsp Italian seasoning.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.