Note to self: This is one of the recipe’s my sister in law, Zainab, taught me before she left back to Maryland. It’s a traditional hausa side dish that’s usually eaten with Miyan Kubewa…which is a dried okra soup. It’s basically a mashed yam ball if you think about it…You peel and boil the yam and then mash it like a potato and then form it into a ball. Easy peasy!
- 1-1½ cups of diced yams (peeled and washed)
- Place peeled and washed yam into a large saucepan with water and boil until fork tender and soft.
- Mash until pureed like consistency.
- Form into balls and place into saran wrap.
- Enjoy with Miyan Kubewa (Nigerian dried okra soup)