Note to self: I LOVE repurposing leftovers into something new. For some reason I’ve never liked leftovers…not that I wouldn’t eat them….but I just loved thinking of creative ways to make them into a new dish or appetizer instead. Some of my favorite ways to utilize leftovers is to use egg roll wrappers or puff pastry sheets. But in this case I used Pillsbury biscuits…I took the leftover mac & cheese and decided to repurpose them into little mac & cheese biscuit bombs.
I love adding Italian seasoning on top for a little extra flavor but my secret ingredient is actually to use the papa johns green seasoning packet to give it an amazing little burst of goodness. Totally worth it IMO to save and collect and then use it for instances like these. The best part is that they’re totally free with your pizza and give you quite a lot.
Anyways…It’s literally the easiest thing ever and you can also add other things inside as well…Want to make it for breakfast? Just add some scrambled eggs and sausage and veggies to the mac & cheese and stuff them inside the biscuits. Want a savory appetizer? You can add some sun-dried tomatoes and goat cheese to make it super fancy and yummy. The possibilities are endless!
- Leftover Mac & Cheese
- 1 can of Pillsbury biscuits
- Papa Johns special Italian seasoning packet (or regular Italian seasoning mixed with parmesan cheese)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Take one biscuit dough and spread it flat with your fingers or a rolling pin.
- Add 1-2 tbsp of leftover mac and cheese to the middle.
- Bring up the sides and pinch the top to close.
- Form into a ball and place on a baking sheet lined with foil.
- Sprinkle some Italian seasoning and parmesan cheese or what I like to use Papa Johns special Italian seasoning mix.
- Bake for about 8 minutes or until it’s golden brown on top and cooked through.